Thursday, March 25, 2010

Are We So Advanced We're Going Backwards?

I was cruising around on my facebook page this morning, when I noticed a link that one of my friends posted.  It's titled  "Why Are So Many Moms Dying?" and it just really broke my heart to read.  They had an example of how one VERY healthy woman died soon after giving birth to a child.  It went on about how, even though we've come so far with all our medical advances, more women are dying now during and after child-birth than in MANY years before.  With all of the advances available now, many doctors and even mothers rush through childbirth.  They will induce and/or do C-Sections when unnecessary just to make the birth quicker or more "convenient". 
Many of my friends were induced and/or had a C-Section, and I understand it if it's medically necessary, but you hear of people just wanting a C-Section.  WHY?!?!?! This is a major surgery, and it's no wonder that there are so many complications from it!!!  yeah, vaginal childbirth is painful and not exactly the way you'd plan to spend hours of your time, but recovery is a few days or a week, a CSection is cutting you open and sometimes WEEKS of recover, not to mention the scars you're left with, and the higher chance that you will have to have a repeat C-section with subsequent births.  I just can't imagine VOLUNTEERING for something like that!!! 
Now that I've had my moment on the soapbox, I'll go on to a question I have.....

Is it true that children with pre-existing conditions will not be able to get coverage on this new government health care stuff? John's company is supposedly laying off again..and if it's true, he will probably be on the list, so we will OBVIOUSLY have to find some kind of insurance for Charlee and Cobra is too much.

She has a heart murmur and asthma and other stuff...what would we do if we can't get her covered on those things?!?!? Her medications are high enough WITH insurance! So, if you have read into this a little more, and are a little smarter on the subject, HELP!?!? I want to know, but it seems every webpage is opinions and not the real thing..and I'm just more confused by reading them





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
SAHM to a beautiful, wonderful, miracle princess named Charlee Jean. Married to my high school sweetheart for over 6 years now, and expecting another miracle baby in October 2011