Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where does time go?

Wow!! I can't believe it. In five days Charlee will be a year old. It seems like only a few weeks ago that I brought that tiny 5lb 11oz baby home....and now, today, she's a 21lb 6oz chunker who is into EVERYTHING! I know Mom always told me that time speeds up once you have a child, but I never believed it could go this quick.
She's starting to feed herself really well, and walking like a little pro, as long as she has something to hold onto!!! She says "mama", "dada", "nana", "bye", "bahbah", "hi" and "gaga" for my mom. She's starting to make up her own little words for things, but so far those are the only REAL words she is saying so far.
We've got a HUGE party planned at my parents' house next weekend...there are about 50 people coming...and I can't believe we've got so many. I was figuring we MIGHT have about 25-30 people that would ACTUALLY come, because well, Mom and Dad's place is out in the middle of absolutely nothing. Of course, just because they SAY they're coming doesn't mean they will.
One of dad's friends raises miniature ponies and donkies and he's loaning us a pony, so we're having pony rides for the kids that will be there. Thank God I was able to buy a camcorder a few weeks ago on Ebay! As much as Charlee likes animals, I can't wait to see her reaction to the pony...she sure got a kick out of the cows that their neighbors have :)
We're grilling burgers and hot dogs, having chips and soda...and then I'm making white cupcakes with fudge icing and chocolate cupcakes with pink icing and alternating them around a silver sheet to make them look like polka dots...can't wait to post lots of pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
SAHM to a beautiful, wonderful, miracle princess named Charlee Jean. Married to my high school sweetheart for over 6 years now, and expecting another miracle baby in October 2011